ShareThis

Sunday, November 13, 2016

CAD...?





CAD seems to have become my destiny. I explored my-‘self’ through my practice as CAD professional for more than 10 years. It was 'Computer Aided Design' that time. When I learned about my mother’s medical condition, it was 'Coronary Artery Disease' and when I deliberate any matter of national policy or any strong decisions by the PMO regarding the economy it turns out to be the 'Current Account Deficit', one more CAD - a very familiar and close to my heart term from self-experience. Now I am waiting for one last CAD in my life when it will be Comprehensive Awareness Drive…!

My mother has undergone one bypass surgery and one angioplasty for about 80 to 90% blockages in her coronary arteries. Whenever I find an unexplored area of life, it has become a ritual for me to get into the deepest possible detail to learn more about it. This time it being a seriously grave concern for everybody involved and with respect to those two procedures I witnessed as an ‘insider’, I tried to collect, analyse and contemplate on all the material I can find for a deeper understanding of this CAD as well, obviously for its implications that might be imminent.

For being an outsider to the medical and health sector, I didn’t understand all those medical terms that have inscrutably long spellings and tongue-twister pronunciations which only those learned doctors can say; I am keeping my observations to a layman’s perspective and their relevance to what is prevalent subject of concern and consideration for past couple of days on a national level. I would follow my standard pattern of listing out things to present this subject to make it as simple as possible. What I learnt from the entire synthesis of my mother’s condition, which I am also prone to under the-always-dreadful-trait-of ‘History’, I have compiled in following lessons –

1. Although Blood is same in all humans, it has different tendencies depending upon a variety of attributes of an individual including his/her genes, addictions – physiological as well as psychological, long-term diet pattern, overall psyche and functioning of mind. Phew…! I know, my reaction was not different either…!

2. No matter how thick, thin, dark or light the blood is, it must Flow to keep your metabolism active and, more importantly, keep you alive. Whenever this blood (either pure or impure) thickens because of any reason, it hampers the smooth flow and disrupts the process of purification as well taking a toll on every monitory aspect of health like blood pressure, heart beat, pulse and respiration.

3. The next stage is forming of plaques those results in clot of bloods blocking its smooth flow to and from the heart, the main mechanism responsible for the purification and controlling the flow of blood to keep functioning of all the body parts unhampered.

4. The only treatment in such a condition is to remove those clots of blood and facilitate the smooth flow of blood in its normal condition. This can be done either by cutting the damaged part of the artery and replacing it by an equivalent and compatible tube from any other healthy part of human body like thigh (Bypass surgery) or by flushing the blockage and draining the clots to clear the path of artery and put some stents in place to avoid its contraction in future (Angioplasty).

5. Both these procedures are ‘Temporary’ operations that help keep the patient alive for few more days and it could NEVER EVER BE THE ULTIMATE SOLUTION FOR THE TENDENCY OF BLOOD TO CLOT. It needs to be done every time there is a clot / obstruction / plaque of blood in its natural flow. So what could be a permanent remedy to counter this condition…?

As stated earlier, I am not even remotely related to the medical field except for completing the course of medication advised by my Doctor friends and hence I might have put it in a very crude, unprofessional and nontechnical manner, but that’s how I perceived it. I will wait my Doctor friend's comments and correction in the above narration, if any.

Coming to the ‘Solution’ part of it, Doctors say that CAD majorly is a condition prevalent in specific patients and it cannot be termed as a ‘Disease’ itself. If the conditions are altered there remains no reason for this tendency to reappear. And to remove those conditions what you are supposed to do is to change your lifestyle… on all three levels – Physical, Psychological and Spiritual!

OK, enough of the Gyan about the most dreadful CAD of all, what is the point of wasting a Sunday on it? I know you might be feeling little clueless and more irritated by trying to figure it out and find some sense, if not moral, in the word-pour above. Let us play a game once again as we played at the end of one previous post, ‘Dream’.

Replace the Blood Flow with the Cash Flow, Black Money with the Blood Clot, Heart with the RBI, Surgeon with the Government… you are getting the picture, aren’t you?

‘Demonetisation’ is the Bypass Surgery (not even the Angioplasty that puts some stents to avoid contraction in near future) to drain out the clots and regulate the smooth flow. It might offer some relief and extra period to the ailing patient; it cannot cure the condition permanently. Now for the last thing, replace the ‘life Style’ with the mindset of generating black money at all three stages – transaction, accounting, audit – and bingo… you will hit the bull’s eye!

Earn Honestly and Spend Generously but Book Religiously...!

Way to go…

No comments:

Post a Comment