ShareThis

Monday, August 3, 2015

Robin...!



"I," said the Sparrow,"With my bow and arrow, I killed Cock Robin."
"Who saw him die?"
"I," said the Fly,"With my little eye, I saw him die."
"Who caught his blood?"
"I," said the Fish,"With my little dish, I caught his blood."
"Who'll make the shroud?"
"I," said the Beetle,"With my thread and needle, I'll make the shroud."
"Who'll dig his grave?"
"I," said the Owl,"With my pick and shovel, I'll dig his grave."
"Who'll be the parson?"
"I," said the Rook,"With my little book, I'll be the parson."
"Who'll be the clerk?"
"I," said the Lark,"If it's not in the dark, I'll be the clerk."
"Who'll carry the link?"
"I," said the Linnet,"I'll fetch it in a minute, I'll carry the link."
"Who'll be chief mourner?"
"I," said the Dove,"I mourn for my love, I'll be chief mourner."
"Who'll carry the coffin?"
"I," said the Kite,"If it's not through the night, I'll carry the coffin."
"Who'll bear the pall?
"We," said the Wren,"Both the cock and the hen, we'll bear the pall."
"Who'll sing a psalm?"
"I," said the Thrush,"As she sat on a bush, I'll sing a psalm."
"Who'll toll the bell?"
"I," said the bull,"Because I can pull, I'll toll the bell."

All the birds of the air fell a-sighing and a-sobbing,
When they heard the bell toll for poor Cock Robin...!

A less known 18th Century Nursery Rhyme that must have been made forgotten strategically for the candid but disquieting questions it asks and receives equally honest responses from the 18th century birds and animals except humans.

Cut to 21st Century and there be a twist in the story... Now, we the people, have rephrased the question as we are not likely to get a single honest answer. Our New Age Modern Day Question is... “Who was Cock Robin...?" isn't it...!

Wake up and Get Well Soon before Robin is incarnated in a different form...!

No comments:

Post a Comment