Friday, December 31, 2010
Wednesday, December 29, 2010
Tuesday, December 28, 2010
What Mr. X should say to himself is
Monday, December 27, 2010
Day 97 – To develop, improve and evolve a new beginning of your being, involve your body, mind and soul in the process and don’t just be a dreamer, thinker or observer.
To succeed with goal setting you must first establish a goal-setting routine that is based on proven principles, which will keep you motivated and progressing forward towards a success you define. Once you have learned this effective goal-setting process, you must continue with it and regularly review your goals, and your routine, in order to stay focused. A regular review increases your ability to make your goals a reality, because you are more capable of performing actions you are familiar with than actions that are unfamiliar. It will keep your goal-setting routine in focus, familiarize you with the success life you desire, and keep you on the path to that success.
The practice of goal setting is really an art. It is a learned human skill that can be extremely powerful and rewarding. Mastering goal setting will prove invaluable as you work towards every achievement, whether large or small, throughout your life. Once goal setting is mastered it becomes a way of life. You will pursue your goals with confidence, and literally control your destiny. No longer will you wonder what the outcome will be – you will be in control…!
And always remember…
It's not the critic that counts, not the man who points out how the strong man stumbled or whether the doer of deeds could have done them better...The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust, and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly, who errs and often comes up short again and again. Who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions and spends himself in a worthy cause. And who, if at best in the end, knows the triumph of higher treatment and high achievement, and who at worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly so that his soul shall never be with those cold and timid ones, who know neither victory nor defeat.
All the best and stay tuned for the number game tomorrow…!
Today is the 96th day of our plan that we have marked for the Training. It is quite simple as we have already discussed the big picture. Now we will just fill in the blanks with the missing links and threads wherever necessary. (Click on the title to learn about some interesting methods of Training)
To start with we will define and design a Training plan for self only. As we cannot change anybody else, we will try to change modify, improve our own being to make it more sustainable…!
There are three types of training we should get into
1. Learning from the individuals – Trying to cultivate the values of our idols and inspirations into ourselves
2. Learning from the incidences – During or after any incidence, analyzing it for an insight
3. Learning from the resources – Newspaper, Books, Internet, Media and course materials
This indeed is a tough job as we are not supposed to just learn it as sitting in a classroom but you are supposed to play the student, the teacher, the instructor and the evaluator. Not only that but once the lesson is learned it needs to be engraved and for the skills part they need to be exploited, sharpened and updated on almost daily basis.
Start this step with conducting a very stern and neutral SWOT analysis of yourself. (SWOT stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats) The results would point to the areas that need immediate attention and appropriate action. This automatically will cast your Training Plan. Take a sheet of paper and title it ‘My Training Plan for 2011’ or ‘Things I need to Learn in 2011’ if you like using vivid colors. List each and every thing that you realized in the past 12 months that you must, brainstormed for this purpose and as a result of the SWOT test. If necessary take additional sheets of papers and take as long as you need to finish it but do not restrain or truncate the list for any excuse. This list would mark you Road Ahead for 2011…!
Don’t freeze or lock this list or plan considering it comprehensive. Always keep it open and flexible so that you can add or take out items from it as your being evolves on a minute-to-minute basis. For a better understanding of this always remember the nature’s law of impermanence. Not only you but everything in this universe, however tiny or voluminous, is changing every moment demanding flexibility and acceptance of CHANGE – the only permanent thing…!
Saturday, December 25, 2010
Okay, so to go ahead with this, we again will use the same pattern as for the review and celebrations. We will breakup our objective (Click on the title to learn more about Objective) into three, instead of four, segments for Aspiration.
1. Personal – Under this write down all the things you need to accomplish in next 12 months on a personal level. This list would be titled as ‘Personal Objectives for 2011’. It should include things like
a. Attaining a perfect physique in pink of health with the help of a complete health-check, appropriate clock-work, balanced and healthy diet, regular exercise and workout. Make it a point to understand the messages from your different metabolic systems and act accordingly. Healthy mind resides in a healthy body, so make sure you are physically healthy to start with.
b. Your brain is to your persona what your heart is to your body. It cognizes, analyzes, stores and repulses all the knowledge or information that contributes to your unique identity. Exercising of brain is equally or even more important as exercise of body. No person could be considered Alive and Aware if either the heart or the brain is not performing normally and nobody could be a Genius or even Excellent if the brain is not outperforming the other brains in the vicinity. Take deliberate efforts to keep your brain updated, smart, sharp and creative…!
c. When the body and the mind are perfectly aligned and working in the right direction the burden on the soul is already lessened at large. Still you need to engage yourself in regular mediation activity of your choice and belief to progress on the spiritual or nonmaterial path. This not only provides you with the ultimate, unconditional peace of mind but also boosts your attitude and energy levels to outperform everybody else as you have surpassed the misery of attachment and enlightened with the wisdom of uncertainty.
2. Professional – If you got the first one right the remaining two are quite simple and could be stated in a single line. Once you attain the realization and control of your being, you have already mastered the present and sown the seeds of success. Nature, in its course, is bound to nurture and cultivate those seeds and the future will flourish almost naturally. Just write down a one line ‘Professional Objective for 2011’ in form of where you want to be at the end of 2011. Use all your imagination and creativity to describe this ‘where’ and don’t forego the slightest detail and you are done…!
3. Social – This is the third corner of the triangle and it is ought to fit in place when the other two are well-placed. This would be the shortest ‘Social Objective for 2011’ as you are already doing well personally and professionally. All that is required to finish writing this is a little generosity, a good amount of nobleness and reflective awareness. Only these three will spell the social aspect of your aspiration for the next 12 months.
Friday, December 24, 2010
Well, again we will make four departments for these golden celebration moments
1. Personal – For over last 12 months, make a note of each and every, however tiny or great, improvement or materialization/realization of anything that gave you a feel of pure contentment and proud of being yourself even for fraction of a second. Don’t miss out anything by assuming it as irrelevant or insignificant. Just think of things that made you feel triumphant on a personal level in terms of physique (Body), intellect (Mind) and spirit (Soul). It may include a regular morning exercise you have taken up lately OR a school/class you’ve joined for learning/mastering a skill/technique OR philosophy you started to explore and might found answers to your eternal questions to some extent. Anything! Don’t waste time in analyzing/weighing and scrutinizing such things on any parameter other than your approach, intention and action towards it. It’s enough even if you did your first day exercise for only 15 minutes. Never mind the length of it just take the note of inspiration that manifested.
2. Professional – This should be simpler compared to personal as it is more gross than subtle! The yardstick for the measurement of professional accomplishment is based on three simple factors – the amount of job satisfaction you were able to increase, the level of appreciation of your jobs done by others and financial freedom/stability you have progressed towards. Even a single small, baby step on any of these paths should be considered as achievement on the professional front. If you find yourself in a better control of your timetable and managing the time well, consider it as a bonus and award yourself with three stars…!
3. Family and Friends – The audit of near and dear ones is always a difficult and complicated task owing to its ever-changing nature and number of contexts and governing factors. Having said that the moments from last 12 months to be celebrated from this area needs to be handpicked meticulously. Consider every peaceful, harmonious, fruitful, enriching and soothing interaction with any of the family member, friend or relative as happy and successful. Don’t get into details for analyzing the nitty-gritty of the incidences if they qualify the basic criteria of being successful. First we will celebrate those moments on the ending notes of the current year and then only we will proceed to think of improving/bettering them so that we don’t lose what we already had.
4. Society – This will cover the entire spectrum surrounding you excluding the above mentioned elements. It will start from the lane or road in your residential address where you are dwelling and then will expand to encompass the surrounding area, the city, the state, the country, the continent, the globe and finally the universe or cosmos. Try to remember every single thing you did that made a difference in terms of betterment to any of the above list. It could be a little philanthropy, it could be a small act of awareness, it could be an initiative that has a noble cause, it could be helping hand extended to anything for any reason, it could be being just when and where needed or it could just be listening patiently to an old person… Whatever small deed towards the mankind or planet you find gratifying put it on the list.
Once your list is complete, no matter how short or long it is, start celebrating by offering gratitude to each of those moments and feel free to allow as many last-minute additions to the list as possible to multiply the thrill and gratefulness…
Thursday, December 23, 2010
Long time no see…! I admit I was kind of derailed for some time as I was going through the biggest, most voluminous and decisively significant transformation process of my life. I was quite swept away with the happenings that almost caught me unprepared and shaken my fundamental beliefs and faiths. Anyway, I am out of those transformation blues finally, which occurred for my betterment I believe, and decided to get over it and move on. From today you can expect a post from me on daily (almost) basis…!?!
Anyway, if you remember my ‘100 Days’ post on 23 Sept 2010and followed the timeline by keeping track of countdown, you would be well aware of the fact that today, 23 Dec 2010 is the 92nd day of those 100 days…! Just 8 more days to go…!
(Click on the title 'Just 8' to watch a Vlog by Robin Sharma on Making Best of Next 12 Months)
Don’t’ worry; starting today, we will try to make most of these 8 days before the calendar transition takes place. However busy and preoccupied you might find yourself with all that holiday and festival preparations, take out time for the steps I am going to share for next week if you are really resolute to make the next year the best one of your life…!
Well, we have got exactly 7 days to be precise as today and the 31st would be of little use as today will be mainly invested in digesting the action-plan and 31st would be quite light and freaky to mind anything serious by keeping vigilant.
So our Platinum plan goes like this –
1. P – Preparation – (Day 93) Today we will prepare ourselves by reading and examining the plan
2. L – Logbook – (Day 94) Study the diary of last year for achievements and successes to celebrate.
3. A – Aspiration – (Day 95) Define the Objectives in terms of ambition for the next 12 months.
4. T – Training – (Day 96) Resolve on things that need to be learnt in the next 12 months on all three fronts – Personal, Professional and People. Design a plan to train yourself.
5. I – Involve – (Day 97) To develop, improve and evolve a new beginning of you being involve your body, mind and soul in the process and don’t just be a dreamer, thinker or observer.
6. N – Number – (Day 98) Design a plan based on numbers i.e. having a stringent timeline in terms of hours, days, weeks, months whatever that has a rock-hard deadline.
7. U – Umpire – (Day 99) Deliver according to the designed plan by playing both player as well as umpire for yourself. Enforce the rules to progress towards the objective.
8. M – Mindful – (Day 100) Be attentive, aware and alert for every moment so that you don’t get carried away by diverting from the game-plan and reach the destination of your dreams.
From tomorrow we will discuss in detail the step for that day…
By the way, thanks a zillion for your love, support and appreciation expressed in your lovely mails that are overflowing in my mailbox. And don't forget to check out my redefined new web-symbol on the right side for Profile link. Need I say your comments and suggestions would be greatly appreciated...?!?