ShareThis

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Solution...!


Okay, today we will shift our Focus from analysis to Solution. This is the fourth most important step in fighting habit of worrying because according to the law of physics the sum total mass has to remain same; we need something to replace worry...! Isn't it...!?! How about a S-O-L-U-T-I-O-N...

4. Focus on a solution.

“There is a great difference between worry and concern. A worried person sees a problem, and a concerned person sees a solution.”
Harold Stephen

“The reason why worry kills more people than work is that more people worry than work.”
Robert Frost

”You can’t wring your hands and roll up your sleeves at the same time.”
Pat Schroeder

To move out of worry it’s very helpful to just start moving and taking action to solve what you are concerned about. Two tips that have helped me to take action more consistently are:

Using a morning routine.

This is perhaps the most powerful tip I have found so far in this area. You simply set up a routine in the morning that you do as soon as you wake up. This works so well because what you do early in the day often sets the context for your day. As humans we have a strong tendency to want to be consistent with what we have done before. That’s one big reason why a bad start often leads to a bad day and a good start often leads to a good day. That's the reason I send those inspiring 'Daily Mails' in the morning. (If you are not on my list, send me a request on amookbhartiya@gmail.com and you will start receiving them with immediate effect)

Focusing on and taking responsibility for the process, not the potential results.

I use this when I workout. I don’t take responsibility for the results in my mind. I take responsibility for showing up and doing my workout. The results have come anyway from that consistent action. And this makes it easier for me to take this action when I know that is all I need to focus on. Instead of using half of the energy and focus I have available on hoping that I “reach my goal real, real soon”.

Focus on the process and you will be a lot more relaxed and prone to continue than if you stare yourself blind on the potential results that never come as quickly as you want to and puts you on an emotional rollercoaster from day to day.
Nobody would ever be sure of the results of what he/she is upto. So prepare for the worst, hope for the best and give your best is the mantra of practice. By the way the most eminent professional including Doctors and Consultants call PRACTICE to what they do...!

Try this picture to practice FOCUS and we will see the Fifth step tomorrow, stay tuned...!

1 comment:

  1. Dear Manya,
    seen your blog today...... there is so much to read on it..... today i have just previewed everything... will read in detail in due course of time......keep it up........

    Dinesh

    ReplyDelete